Tuesday, November 04, 2003

Seattle Dream

Felt the need to sleep and dreamed. Here's what I remember. An odd feeling that things are not what they seem. I am someplace familiar but hazy. It's a flat that I'm sharing with many roommates. Feels like San Francisco, but it's not. Some part of the dream takes place now that I can't remember except that something is happenning in my upper story flat... I walk down the stairs... I'm out on the sidewalk... a short walk to a car. I get in the drivers seat but go nowhere. The car is an abandoned hulk on the edge of a city playground. I can see the basketball courts, empty. A girl (woman?) comes walking by. She carries grocery bags... It's hard to see her. She seems to be twirling a cape around her which causes her to flicker in and out. I vaguely remember short, light blonde or white hair. She has an animal, a puppy. (Or maybe she is the animal?). Some boys are coming up behind the car. They come to play, this is their turf. I must protect this animal/girl. I try to hide in the car, but they know I am there. So I get out. Very nonchalant like it's mine too. I grab the puppy/shopping bag? from the seat and close the door. I look up at the boys who are watching my every move and then spit on the ground. The boys keep their distance. As I walk back to my flat a transistion takes place.
I think maybe I woke up and opened my eyes, then went back to sleep. As the fog of sleep clears, I realize I am in warm water. Standing on something soft and rubbery... I'm on the back of a whale! Holding on for dear life as we start moving. I'm not by myself... some of my high school friends are hanging on

No comments: